Secondary Carpentry Teacher
Employer: American Leadership Academy
Location: 898 West 1100 South, Spanish Fork, Utah 84660
Job Type: TBD
The teacher will implement into daily student instruction, appropriate educational curriculum. The teacher will create and maintain an educational atmosphere that encourages effective student learning and supports school programs.
1. Administer appropriate curriculum which is aligned with Utah State standards and conforms to American Leadership Academy guidelines.
2. Monitor students' progress, assign tasks, and grade assignments in a timely manner based on a competency based/standard based education model.
3. Analyze student progress and provide appropriate instruction.
4. Work professionally with administration, faculty, counselors, parents, and PLC community.
5. Facilitate the personal, social, and intellectual development of students.
6. Create and maintain a positive, orderly, and academically focused learning environment and respond to the individual needs of students.
7. Plan and implement effective lessons, using time, materials and resources effectively.
8. Motivate students through effective communication and evaluative feedback.
9. Display a thorough knowledge of curriculum and subject matter.
10. Attend and assist when necessary with school events such as musical programs, athletics, student recognition ceremonies, graduation, and open house.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Classroom management principles
- Educational theory and teaching practices;
- Principles and methods for curriculum and training design;
- Teaching and instruction principles for individuals and groups;
- Education code, board rules, district policies, and operating procedures.
- Provide instruction in a (middle school, high school) classroom.
- Work cooperatively with students, parents, peers, administration, and community members;
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects;
- Guide the learning process toward achievement of curriculum goals;
- Employ a variety of instructional techniques and strategies aligned with instructional objectives, in order to meet the needs of all students;
- Participate as an active member with other faculty and staff;
- Maintain accurate and complete records as required by law and LEA policy;
- Maintain and improve professional competence;
- Communicate effectively both written and orally;
- Establish & maintain a safe and respectful learning environment for all students
- Think and act quickly and calmly in emergencies;
- Prepare course materials, homework assignments, and handouts.
- Must hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year institute.
- Must hold an educator license issued by a state agency.
- The endorsement area must be in one of the following areas: CTE (General), Trades and Industry, Construction, Carpentry.
- License status must be active or be able to reactivate license with the state of Utah.
- Grades: 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th