Secondary Language Arts Teacher
Secondary English Language Arts teacher needs include: ELA 7-12, Writing Lab, and Concurrent Enrollment English 1010 for future years. Current contract need is for ELA 7-12.
Contract: Start date August 10, 2020
Location: American Leadership Academy—898 West 1100 South, Spanish Fork, Utah 84660
Salary: Based on American Leadership Academy salary scale
Benefits: All benefits associated with a regular full-time teaching position at American Leadership Academy
Closing Date: Open until filled
Assignment: Based on current need Qualifications: Current Utah Educator License in secondary education with an English Language Arts Endorsement; Master’s degree preferred
American Leadership Academy is seeking candidates that will:
- Collaborate in Professional Learning Communities according to established PLC policies and
- Follow established curriculum maps and work with PLC team to revise as
- Assist in developing and administer common formative and summative
- Utilize data from assessments to drive instruction and provide RTI within the UMTSS
- Develop lessons plans and tasks/assignments that will ensure proficiency of Utah Core
- Demonstrate and supervise the safe and proper use of equipment necessary for English Language
- Monitor students' progress, assign tasks, and grade assignments in a timely
- Discuss students' progress with parents, students, counselors, administrators, and PLC team on a regular basis.
- Implement and enforce classroom rules and safety
- Meet expectations as assigned by administration.