DRESS CODE REMINDER
Benefits of a School Dress Code: There has been much research done regarding the benefits of having a dress code, some include:
- Encourages a sense of belonging and pride.
- Discourages bullying and victimization.
- Improves school security at school and on excursions through easy identification of intruders.
- Reduces social conflict and peer pressure.
- Encourages students to concentrate more on their studies and less on their wardrobe. A de-emphasis on clothing can also save money, as there will be less pressure to keep up with expensive trends and fashions.
- Reduces the prevalence of certain behaviors that are often expressed through wardrobes, such as violence or promiscuity.
With the weather getting colder, we are having issues with non-dress code jackets. If your student is wearing a non-dress code jacket in class and is sent to the office to receive a write-up, we will keep the non-dress code jacket at the front office until the end of the day. This will help ensure that your student will not get written up in every class because they keep putting the jacket back on. They can pick it up at the end of the day.
Please make sure your student has a dress-code jacket so they will not be cold. Here is what the dress code says:
OUTERWEAR IN CLASSROOMS
Solid in top colors.
No logos, or may have authorized the school logo.
Must have dress code shirt underneath. And you may not wear any hood up during the day.
Also, Friday school still follows the ‘dress down’ guidelines. Here is what the dress code says:
FRIDAY DRESS CODE
May wear ‘dress down day’ clothing.
Must wear modest clothing with nothing offensive or gang references. Administrations discretion. No holes, ripped or torn clothing.