Educational Opportunity Scholarship Due March 1st
Educational Opportunity Scholarship
The Educational Opportunity Scholarship is available to incoming freshman. Consideration is based on 1st generation, ethnicity, and demonstration of financial need. The Educational Opportunity Scholarship is only available to new students admitted Fall 2021.
Scholarship Application Deadline
March 1, 2021
Varies from $500 to full tuition
- Students must complete the online application for admissions to USU.
- A minimum 3.50 GPA (for Fall 2021, no ACT/SAT required).
- Complete personal essays as part of the application.
- Applicants agree to use the scholarship in consecutive semesters, unless a deferment or leave of absence is approved.
- Students awarded the scholarship can only use the scholarship on the USU Logan Main campus.
Your essays will include
- What personal/social barriers have you had to overcome to get to where you are today?
- Why do you want to go to college and what are your goals after college?
- What involvement/leadership opportunities have you had in your high school and/or community?
- What financial needs do you face regarding college?
- Why do you think you would be a good recipient for this scholarship?