Starting Date: Immediately
Location: 898 West 1100 South, Spanish Fork, Utah 84660
Hourly Pay: Salary Position
Closing Date: Open until filled
American Leadership Academy is seeking an experienced ESL coordinator to join our team. Responsible for ESL coordination tasks, Dual Immersion coordination tasks and teaching tasks, this person will organize students’ services for emergent bilinguals; attend USBE meetings and complete reports; and provide guidance for classroom teachers as they select appropriate language-learning strategies.
The ESL coordinator will create standards-based lessons with clear objectives, create and maintain individual student plans based on assessment data, and work with other teachers during PLC to support our emergent bilingual students. This person, as with all of our teachers, is also responsible for building relationships with parents and families to foster engagement.
- Adapt evidence-based curriculum to design and deliver instruction.
- Use data to set student progress goals
- Monitor student progress toward goals in Reading, Writing, Speaking, and Listening.
- Maintain records of student eligibility.
- Assess students’ proficiency using WIDA and AAPPL.
- Create and maintain positive, culturally responsive relationships with parents and families.
- Supervise aides who provide ESL services
- Provide professional development and coaching in ESL strategies for faculty and staff.
- Organize Dual Immersion Program information
- Meet expectations as assigned by administration
- Utah State Teaching License, Professional or Associate (Professional preferred)
- ESL endorsement or TESOL certification
- Excellent command of the English language, with neutral accent
- Ability to manage multiple programs
- Sense of high professionalism