Important ACT Facts
FACTS ABOUT THE ACT
– Some colleges use ACT test scores alone, or in combination with GPA and school achievements, to award funds
– Some colleges automatically award scholarships for a certain ACT scores
– UVU – an ACT score of 21-24 or higher can lead to a student being eligible for half tuition
– A student who scores a 23 or higher at SUU will receive $500 or more of scholarship money per semester for four years
– One ACT point or GPA point can make the difference between earning no money toward tuition and having thousands of dollars in free scholarship money for two or even four years of college
– Colleges use ACT scores to place students in appropriate courses. Student’s individual English and Reading ACT scores are used for placement in ENGL 1010
– Student’s individual Math ACT scores are used for placement in MATH 1030, 1040 and 1050
– GPA is also important. Simply raising your GPA from a 3.39 to a 3.40+ can add an extra $500 a semester to a scholarship amount at DSU.
Taking time to attend ACT study sessions can increase the amount of scholarship money earned. Please, strongly encourage your students to take advantage of these study sessions. These sessions are FREE and could easily lead to scholarship opportunities!
Study session will begin January 28th. They will be held EVERY Friday from 8:00-10:00. Dates for study sessions are as follows: Jan. 28th, February 4th, 11th, 18th, 25th, and March 4th, 11th
ACT Test date will be March 15th
Please reach out to our High School Counselor, June Jensen (jjensen@americanleadership.