A Student with a Seizure Disorder should have a "Seizure-Individual Healthcare Plan" on file at the school.  This form is completed and signed by a parent/guardian and the school nurse.  The form may be reviewed by a health care provider if parent desires.

A parent/guardian may request for a volunteer to be trained to administer seizure rescue medication for use in an emergency.  If so, the form "Seizure Medication Management Order" must be completed and signed by a parent/guardian AND a healthcare provider.

Once you have completed the form(s), contact the school nurse to schedule a meeting to review the form(s) and discuss your child's condition.

The Seizure Individualized Healthcare Plan must be reviewed and renewed annually.


ALA Nurse 

801-794-2226 ext. 218