THE SCIENCE AMBASSADOR SCHOLARSHIP DUE DEC. 14TH
The Science Ambassador Scholarship
A full–tuition scholarship for a woman in science, technology, engineering, or math.
Applications close December 14th, 2020 at 11:59PM CST.
How to Apply
Film a three–minute educational video of yourself explaining a STEM topic you’re passionate about. You must be a high school senior or an undergraduate college student to apply. Your video should be:
- A mini lecture, not a personal statement. Pretend you’re a lecturer speaking to a class. Teach us something.
- Clear, creative, accurate, and a demonstration of your passion for the subject. We value novel, memorable approaches to topics. Your video doesn’t need to be fancy or high–tech. Production value is not a factor.
- Three minutes or less in length.
- About any STEM topic, not necessarily your field of study. Pick a topic that excites and fascinates you. We don’t need to hear about the latest thing in science news (unless that’s your jam).
- Scientifically accurate. We encourage you to cite the sources used to research your topic. Ideally, this would be in a slide or frame at the end of your video.
- Uploaded to YouTube and marked ‘public.’
- I haven’t decided on a major, but I’m definitely going to study a STEM field. Can I still apply? Yes, you can apply, as long as you will study a STEM field for the entirety of your undergraduate career.
Please note: Part of being a science communicator is leading by example. If applicable, please film your video in a way that complies with your local safety regulations related to COVID-19.
An advisory board of women who hold higher degrees and work in a broad range of STEM fields will review applications and select finalists. Finalists will be notified in early 2021 and will move onto the next round to submit additional materials. A winner will be announced in April 2021.