Secondary Math Teacher
Employer: American Leadership Academy
Location: 898 West 1100 South, Spanish Fork, Utah 84660
# Open Positions: 2
Job Type: Full-Time
Employment Start Date: Upcoming 2021-22 School Year
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities:
1. Collaborate in Professional Learning Communities according to established PLC policies and norms.
2. Follow established curriculum maps and work with PLC team to revise as needed.
3. Assist in developing and administer common formative and summative assessments.
4. Utilize data from assessments to drive instruction and provide RTI within the UMTSS framework.
5. Develop lessons plans and tasks/assignments that will ensure proficiency of Utah Core Standards.
6. Demonstrate and supervise the safe and proper use of equipment necessary for math education.
7. Monitor students' progress, assign tasks, and grade assignments in a timely manner.
8. Discuss students' progress with parents, students, counselors, administrators, and PLC team on a regular basis.
9. Implement and enforce classroom rules and safety procedures.
10. Meet expectations as assigned by administration.
11. Familiarity and willingness to utilize technology in the classroom.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility of the position
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
1. All contracts/agreements for employment of personnel shall be subject to an interview or interviews by ALA Administration, Department Head, and/or colleague teachers as well as a sample teaching experience where the candidate will be requested to demonstrate their teaching abilities.
2. Selected applicant must comply with the School's Drug-Free Workplace policy.
1. Current Utah Educator License in secondary education with a Level 3 or Level 4 math endorsement desired.
2. Successful completion of all background checks.
3. Teacher must also be highly qualified and hold or be able to obtain a minimum of a Level 1 Teaching Certification/License from the Utah State Office of Education.
4. Demonstrated ability to ensure student academic success/experience in High School Education preferred.