Welcome to American Leadership Academy
American Leadership Academy (ALA) is a K-12 tuition free public charter school located in Spanish Fork, Utah. While traditional public schools are not a bad option, we have become a popular alternative because we offer a more comprehensive experience. Our students participate in programs like Dual Immersion, leadership training, and concurrent enrollment for more relevant education. They are also encouraged to get involved in clubs, fine arts, and sports for their social and physical well being. ALA is a school for students who want more than just a diploma. Take a look below to see all the benefits ALA has to offer you.
|All your children are on same campus
|Many opportunities to be involved
|You are included in your child's experience
|Play on the only turf field in Spanish Fork
|Options for your child to learn a second language
|Variety of clubs and electives to choose from
|A safer environment with less bullying
|Participate in multiple 3A sporting teams
|All-day and half-day Kindergarten
|Participate in a widely recognized Fine Arts Program
|High school program options for College credit
|Graduate high school with an Associates Degree
Founded in 2005, and supported by both state and public funding, ALA exists to provide 1,800 students with a challenging, innovative, and result-oriented education based on the belief that parental partnership is critical to student success. Students at American Leadership Academy learn the values and principles of leadership, character development, accountability, respect, and physical well-being with academic excellence as ALA’s primary focus.
The American Leadership Academy (ALA) Charter School is a school that is supported with state and public education funds but organized and operated privately. Charter schools are established by groups of teachers, parents, or others who wish to create public educational alternatives to existing public school systems. Learn More about the Enrollment Process!
ALA Mission Statement
American Leadership Academy partners with families to provide comprehensive educational experiences, character development through leadership,and individualized student learning for college and career readiness.
ALA Vision Statement
We envision American Leadership Academy Charter School as a thriving community of learning that honors and maintains its mission in all that it does. Together, all employees of the Academy will build a scholarly, creative, and exciting environment that students will want to experience; a place that will attract the most highly skilled and committed educators and community members. Parents will have an active presence during the school day and in all aspects of governance. Accountability and personal responsibility will be embraced by all constituents, particularly the teachers, who will be given maximum freedom and support in helping them fulfill their teaching assignments.
To instill in each student, consistent with their age and grade level, an educational foundation consisting of the following:
1. The ability to read, write legibly and spell correctly.
2. The ability to think analytically, reason, compute and apply in problem solving situations the essence of arithmetic, geometry, algebra, trigonometry, and calculus.
3. The ability to express thoughts in precise, grammatically correct sentences and phrases.
4. The ability to read and comprehend the classical writings of a wide range of authors.
5. The ability to experience a sense of patriotism through a study of U.S. and World history and geography and to develop reverence for the sacrifice of historical figures who exemplified virtue and character.
6. The ability to apply the scientific method in understanding basic concepts in earthly, biological, chemical, and physical science.
7. The ability to appreciate expressions in the fine and visual arts.
8. The ability to recognize the importance of overall good health and physical development and know how to maintain a healthy, active lifestyle.
9. To develop a sense of self-worth through personal achievement, a willingness to sacrifice self and service.
10. To develop strong moral character through working to master the character traits of personal honesty, moral cleanliness, virtuous living, love of others, and love of self.
ALA School Motto